Our Customer Charter outlines the level of service that customers and clients can expect from Living Spaces.
We’ve been letting, selling and managing properties in the North East for over 20 years.
From helping first-time buyers, to taking care of more than 420 properties, we strive to maintain high standards of operation, and are members of numerous industry bodies, such as Safeagent and The Guild of Professional Estate Agents.
Our profits are gift-aided to the Bernicia Foundation, a charity that builds on the work of our parent company, Bernicia, to improve and ultimately, help transform our region.
People and places are at the heart of everything we do – our team of property experts take away the stress and hassle of making places a home.
Delivering a first class, reliable service to our clients, building long-term relationships, with an open and honest approach to what we do.
Maintaining a consistent and highly professional approach across all forms of communication.
Visiting Living Spaces offices:
- We provide a clean and accessible environment
- All visitors are greeted by welcoming and professional staff
- Appointments available on request
Living Spaces staff visiting sites:
- Sales and Lettings Specialists/Valuers, Property Managers and contractors are helpful, polite and treat tenants, homeowners and residents with respect
- Calls are answered by a trained member of the team, who will identify themselves at the beginning of the call
- We aim to resolve queries at the first point of contact
- Voicemail messages are answered within 24 hours (Monday-Friday)
- A dedicated phoneline is available for out-of-hours emergencies
Written / email correspondence and online enquiries:
- We aim to acknowledge/respond within 24 hours
- Responses are communicated in clear and plain English
- Information can be provided in accessible formats on request
- We aim to acknowledge/respond to repair requests within three working days
- Information will be provided by a trained member of the team
Online review platforms:
- We are committed to making our business more efficient, accountable and customer focused
- Reviews posted via Google and the ESTAS are acknowledged and feedback shared internally
- Resolutions can be arranged via email or phone call if required
- Inquiries received via social media channels are acknowledged/responded to within 24 hours (Monday-Friday)
- As representatives of Living Spaces, our employees are expected to demonstrate best practices and appropriate conduct on personal social media accounts
Repairs and maintenance requests legally must be reported in writing via our online portal, which can be accessed on our website. Reports are acknowledged and responded to within three working days.
We aim to carry out repairs within a maximum time scale of 28 working days (this will vary depending on urgency). However, the majority of repairs are carried out much quicker than this.
Please note: all requests are subject to landlord authorisation and legislative considerations.
Resolution timeframes and updates are provided by a trained member of the Property Management Team or via our online portal.
We always try our best to deliver services to the satisfaction of customers but occasionally things can go wrong.
You can always call, email or visit us and we’ll help with your situation in every way we can, or you can tell us about it through our complaints procedure.
- Treat Living Spaces staff with respect – insults, discrimination, abusive or intimidating behavior will not be tolerated
- Ensure information relating to query is accurate and provided on request
- Highlight areas of improvement by submitting honest feedback
Whilst we always aim to deliver the standards outlined in this charter, our services are subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances.