Seeing potential homes in person is an exciting part of your property search experience - our property specialists can guide you through the more practical considerations.
Viewing properties with Living Spaces
Our Sales Specialists will meet you at the property that you are interested in and also provide the option of virtual viewings.
Although our Sales Specialists are flexible with their time, we advise calling at least 24 hours before you would like to view a property – this allows time to provide the owner/occupier notice of your visit.
Tips for property viewings:
- Check the interior and exterior of the property.
- Confirm what land is included with the property.
- Consider an independent house survey carried out.
- Investigate the surrounding area to check out local shops, transport links and schools.
- Remain objective and don’t let your emotions rule your head.
- Ask Sales Specialist any questions you may have.
Key questions to ask:
- How long has the property been on the market?
- Is the property part of a chain?
- When are the sellers/tenants planning on moving out?
- Have necessary consents been obtained for any work carried out on the property?
- Is the property leasehold or freehold?
- How many years are remaining on the lease?
- How much is the ground rent/service charge and are they likely to change?
- Are there any upcoming works for the building that the agent/sellers are aware of.